Last week, Gerben, one of our Strategy Planners, visited the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity. And not just for the partying. With a group of 28 young talents hosted by RA*W Advertisers, they visited as many seminars in the Palais as possible. Combined with Private Q&A’s and producing all kinds of content for national ad-press, a hell of a week it was.
– Start up: How agencies can build companies for the connected age? R/GA on agency (co-)owned brands and on their accelerator program. Shouldn’t agencies ’put their money where their mouth’ is, instead of the eternal waiting for clients’ boardroom influences?
– Whatever you do, don’t call them grey. Crystal clear insights on the importance of the growing 50+ target group, hosted by Flamingo.
– Creativity in the age of data. Dentsu’s head of planning Koichi Yamamoto about data as a source for creativity.
– Arabs be like Yousef Tuqan Tuqan (Chief Innovation Officer Leo Burnett MENA) on the opportunities with the huge Arab audience: how the cultural and social background of the Arabian world contributed to the fact that there now exists an Arab sheep-seller who’s selling through Instagram.
– Private Q&A with The Pop Up Agency How to solve a brief in less than 48 hours, while maintaining the just quality. Also on, how with different thinking, the old-school agency processes can be tuned.
Want to read more about his experience? Check cannes.rawadvertisers.com for all the content he and his fellow group members produced.